Dutch Language Teacher (Primary/Middle School) (August 2018)
Amity International School will be opening a Middle School in August 2018 and we are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Dutch to join our team of dedicated and hard-working professionals and work in both our Primary and Middle school. The objectives of a Classroom Teacher at AISA are, ‘High Quality Teaching Practice’, ‘Contribution to Learning Area and Curriculum Development’, ‘Building Relationships with Students, Staff and Parents’ and ‘Contribution to the Whole School Community’.
The successful applicant will be committed to a modern, constructivist, inquiry-based and personalised approach to learning that inspires and engages students. In line with this, we would expect you to have experience with, or an interest in, concept-driven, inquiry-based curricula and be able to speak passionately about the impact on student engagement and learning. Preferably, you will also have experience with various modern international curricula, especially the IB. The successful applicant should have a strong understanding of the needs of primary education and he/she will have the capability to deliver a high standard of education aligned with the School’s Mission, Vision and Values delivered via the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme (IB PYP).
The ideal candidate for this role must have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- A minimum 4 year recognised teaching qualification including a Bachelor’s Degree and teaching diploma or a Bachelor in Education
- Minimum 3 years of teaching experience
- Experience of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) is highly desirable
- Ability to teach in both the Primary and Middle School
- Mother-tongue Dutch speaker
- Excellent fluency in English (verbal and written)
- An innovator being committed to learning and up-to-date with current research
- An inspiring, challenging and empowering educational motivator
- Visible, approachable, with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humour
- Flexible, creative and resilient
- An excellent communicator and able to build on the reputation of the school
- A role model for the entire school community in terms of school ethos
- A passion for and deep understanding of internationalism and international education
We are offering a competitive salary and benefit package to successful candidates. If you are internationally minded, permitted to work in the European Union and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Further information about this position is available in the attached job description. Please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by Monday 30th April. In the subject line please state the role you are applying for.
- CV or Resume (max 2 sides of A4)
- Cover Letter (max 2 sides of A4)
Amity Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.Download Job Description